Thursday 16 June 2011

Drooling over wool

I've done it again, not kept up with my blog. Well, it dosn't mena I have been up to anything. I've been hooking away at my ripple blankets, started a baby boy granny blanket, and this last few weeks I have literally been drooling over wools. I treated myself to a couple of balls of Noro Kureyon, a gorgeous shaded 100% wool yarn, in a sale on ebay, bad move because I want more but my purse won't let me.



So, I searched online and came across James C. Brett Monsoon yarn, a wool/acrylic blend, but oh my, it's so soft and lovely to work with, it also works well with the Noro, because it is aran weight and not as expensive, so my dream heirloom blanket can be achieved.



We have got our hearts set on a new settee some time this year so I want to make us a lovely blanket to throw over it, snuggle under and just look damn pretty. The shaded yarns are fantastic for this as you don't have to keep changing yarn after every round, although I have been changing the yarn after every so many rounds  to get new colour combinations. I am in love with this already and it's not even a quarter done yet. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment