Tuesday 26 April 2011

Sunshine, stitiching and sowing seeds

Yep, thats what I've been up to, the weather has been amazing, I have finally got through my mountain of washing, all dried in the sunshine, happy days. I have been busy in the yarden too, sowing seeds, little man sowed his own sunflowers too, at 17 months he really seemed to know what he was doing. We also sowed radishes, tomatoes, carrots, peas and pansies.And the first photo is the herb seed kit, growing coriander, thyme and basil.


I finally got round to making my cactus garden, but it needs some gravel yet and it has even been suggested I make sombreros for the little guys, hmmmm, I can see it already, hehe.


We had a walk to the local garden centre, which is such a beautiful little haven here, and bought pansies, violas and forget me nots, I've planted these in pots that hang on the fence, instant sunshiney happiness. This last couple of weeks I have been in my element out in the back yard, little man happy with pots and pans of water and numerous animals figures which he hides amongst the plants. He loves being outside, so I am hoping this sun is here to stay. :)

Whilst not pottering about in the yard, I've been busy making my blankets too. I have completed my first blanket, a granny square made from yummy shaded yarn that reminds me of tropical sunsets and nasturiums...



I've also been getting totally carried away with my ripples, I can't stop and currently have three on the go. I started the blue, green and purple one first, and it's growing nicely, but just 'had' to start one with pinks and oranges, then I just 'had' to try out my new sprakly yarn, hence, I now have three on the go, each day each one gets a bit of love and attention, I can't to see how they turn out.




That pink is really bright, it didn't look so bright under electric shop lights, or under lights at home but in the sunshine, it glows, it's amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment